We’ve been busy tending our lavender farm, and enjoying warmer days with lots of sunshine! Yay!! It’s just what the lavender doctor ordered, to encourage our gorgeous, fragrant lavender blooms!!! While we eagerly wait on the lavender to Pop…our Wildflower Garden is bursting with extremely gorgeous flowers..sigh 🙂
Breathe in the calm and slow down. This is one of my awesome gals also relaxing in our wildflower garden….surreal!
With the arrival of June, as school comes to an end and the anticipation of summer activities, our Oregon lavender farm will quickly become a popular stop for locals and tourist alike. Many will drop by to take in the aroma, sunshine, and enjoy a picnic on one of our picnic tables or “tailgate”. Many will be delighted to cut their own lavender bouquet as they stroll among thousands of fragrant flowers…and we will soon have lavender in bloom!!
Come touch nature, and let go of any stress…..Just be, smile and blow bubbles with your friends in our little piece of heaven…my favorite place to be!!
I’d like to share one of my favorite summer salad recipes for you to enjoy at your next picnic or BBQ!!
SWEET & SPICY COLESLAW
- 1 16 oz bag coleslaw mix, or 3 cups grated cabbage
- 1 diced apple
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained. *Reserve the juice
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup Lavender Pepper Jelly (made for us by Apple Valley with our culinary lavender)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine coleslaw mix, carrot, celery, pineapple and sunflower seeds. Set aside. In a smaller bowl combine jelly, vinegar, oil, salt and 2 Tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice. Whisk until smooth. (There will still be some small lumps). Toss. Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight before serving. Enjoy with your picnic lunch!
- Adapted from Apple Valley Country Store.
Our Lavender Pepper Jelly is a flavorful, mildly spicy, sweet Jelly…with just a hit of jalapeno peppers, and savory flavor from our culinary lavender “Provence”. It’s yummy on salads as a vinaigrette, on bread or crackers with Brie Cheese, or as a marinade for grilled meats such as Fish or Lamb. Deliciously unique! 🙂