About Lavender.. “A walk through a field of blooming lavender is a stroll that is never forgotten”!
Lavender is an herb rich in history and culture. Long prized for its scent and healing properties, it is also one of the most beloved plants in the garden. Ranging in colors from vivid sun-soaked indigo to a subtle violet-white; it evokes within all who encounter this plant a sense of calming and rest through its wonderful heady and unmistakable aroma. Lavender is rich in aromatic molecules called esters, which are antispasmodic, pacifying and tonic, while other molecules give it its antiviral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory powers. One of the most consistent of the many therapeutic attributes of Lavender oil is respiratory relief. Hood River Lavender’s Organic Lavender oil is of particular benefit to respiratory relief, sinus congestion and sinus headache.
Lavender Essential is perfect to use on the skin since it’s PH balance is acidic, similar to the skin, hair, and nails. Used as Physical and Emotional support, Lavender is deeply rooted in aromatherapy. Its effect is calming, uplifting, refreshing, soothing and purifying. Here are some of my favorite uses of our Lavender Essential Oil!
Since it’s winter, for a few more days 🙂 I’ll start with relieve for ‘Sinus congestion & Sinus headaches’.
1. Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to the palm of your hands, rub together, then cup your hands and inhale deeply 10-15x.(Hidcote Giant and Gross0, lavandin E.O. is my favorite for sinus congestion)
Calming relief for anxiety & stress:
2: Apply a few drops of Angustifolia Lavender E.O. to pulse points, temples, wrists, or on a tissue, and inhale deeply 10-12x.
Soothing Massage for sore muscles:
3. Add 15-20 drops Angustifolia Lavender E.O. into a good quality carrier oil, Sweet Almond, Olive, Jojoba, Grape-seed, or Sunflower Oil. This is a particularly effective way to apply the lavender oil when you have tight, sore muscles, under stress, or have sustained an injury. Great on tired hands and feet 🙂 The oils will be absorbed quickly into the blood stream, thus assisting the body and mind.
3. Add 10-15 drops Angustifolia Lavender E.O. into the bath water, enjoy a soothing, relaxing soak.
For Insomnia, sleep-aid:
4. Apply a few drops of Angustifolia Lavender E.O. to pulse points, and on tissue, or pillow, inhale 10-12x, and have Sweet Dreams!
For a clearer complexion, and soothing relief on Acne, Eczema, Dermatitis, Folliculitis:
5. Lavender is a natural antiseptic and astringent, that helps tone, balance and control surface oils, and has been used to treat acne, and other skin conditions for years. Apply Angustifolia Lavender E.O. onto your acne area, and also in your bath water to soothe your skin. You could also, add 15-20 drops to a 2 oz mist spray bottle of distilled water, and sprayed onto the irritated skin area to help soothe and heal.
6. Apply Angustifolia Lavender E.O. to irritated area for cuts, burns, insect bites or stings, poison oak, ivy, and athlete’s foot. Great for everyday “Farmers” cuts to assist healing & stop infection.
For calming, balancing aroma in your home:
7. Add a 10-12 drops Angustifolia Lavender E.O. into the top dish of an ‘essential oil diffuser‘ or a ‘vaporiser’ with water.
8. Add a few drops Grosso Lavandin, or Angustifolia Lavender E.O. on the edge of your toilet paper roll, a few drops around drains, trash bins, or toilet bowl water.
Freshen linens for that “natural lavender garden aroma”:
9. Apply 10-drops Grosso Lavandin E.O. onto wash cloth or towel into the dryer.
Lavender’s lovely aroma is rich, and camphoric sweet, with an herbaceous floral note. It is a truly magical plant and those who have ever been enticed and seduced by its sweet heady aroma become enamored for life!! As I said before, A walk through a field of blooming lavender is a stroll that is never forgotten! It is tranquil, serene and balancing to the body as well as the psyche. Aww..inhale deeply! 🙂